Monday, August 21, 2006

Service Station.

Service

I've always liked the look of this service station. To me it typifies "Old Kyle" before all of the new subdivisions and neighborhoods moved in in the last 5 or 6 years.

You know, the population of Kyle was about 5,314 in the year 2000.... An estimated 17,770 folks called Kyle home in a July 2005 consensus. It's a 234.4% increase in 5 years.... and still growing.

I hope stations like this one can survive. I'd hate for the city to become a chain business mecca.
Happy Monday

2 comments:

Marie McC said...

That is a neat old station. Unfortunately, "progress" crushes all. You'll be glad you took this picture when they bulldoze the place for Tires R Us.

Sean Claes said...

This is true... I guess I'm glad the Autozone and Goodyear are opening on the other side of the highway... (Kyle is a small town that is pretty much divided 70/30 by IH-35.. I live on the west side of the highway...where the square is..and about 70% of the city.

There used to be another mom & pop place in town where I'd get my oil changes and work done on the truck... it closed down... progress...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...